If you do not know Ravelry yet, it's either because A) You only started to knit recently and / or B) You've just discovered internet =)
In short, Ravelry is a free web community dedicated to knitting and crocheting. It is a virtual meeting place where users can share their projects (photo, pattern, wool, etc.), interact with other users sharing common interests and even more great: consult a directory containing a multitude of patterns to knit or crochet.
Ravlery was created in 2007 and has not stopped evolving and increasing its number of subscribers since. RAVELRY today is ...4 MILLION MEMBERS
- 30,000 people have created a page to promote their patterns or their wool.
- 64,000 people who created a page to list a pattern (created by themselves or another designer)
- 336,000 people added a project (personal realization) with a photo.
To give you an idea of its popularity, a typical day on Ravelry (24 hours) is ...
- 65,000 entries of wool by the members (purchase added to the stash).
- 15,000 projects added to members' to do list
- 80,000 projects have been added by members in their "favorites"
- 30,000 photos
SEWER ?? Are you looking for a community similar to Ravelry focused on sewing: to go to My Sewing Circle click HERE =)