Unicorn Sweater | Knitting Kit
If you like to experiment with different textures and colors, then the Unicorn Sweater by Louise Robert is the perfect knitting kit for you! 🦄 With this kit, you can let your creativity shine and make a truly unique sweater that you can be proud of.
The unicorn is the perfect reference for this pattern. Crafted with 6 unique varieties of yarn and 10 vibrant hand-dyed colors, this captivating sweater will lend a touch of whimsical magic to your wardrobe!
This design is available as a KIT ONLY
INCLUDED IN THIS KNITTING KIT:
- The Unicorn Sweater pattern in booklet format + digital version (PDF)
- 1x the kit of your choice
- A - ALGUA MARINA Waterhouse - 50g
- B - BIS-SOCK Festival - 50g
- C - BIS-SOCK Je l'aime Shella - 100g
- D - BIS-SOCK Panthère Rose - 50g
- E - BOUCLE MOHAIR Waterhouse - 50g
- F - DK PURE Gecko - 100g
- G - KID SILK Clair de Lune - 50g
- H - KID SILK Papillon lune - 25g
- I - KID SILK Shot Marilyn - 25g
- J - SURI ALPACA Waterhouse - 50g
- A - ALGUA MARINA Dream Baby - 50g
- B - BIS-SOCK Magma - 50g
- C - BIS-SOCK Chili Pepper - 100g
- D - BIS-SOCK Jasmine - 50g
- E - BOUCLE MOHAIR Nature - 50g
- F - DK PURE Seashell - 100g
- G - KID SILK Traviata - 50g
- H - KID SILK Epic - 25g
- I - KID SILK Art Deco - 25g
- J - SURI ALPACA Nature - 50g
- A - ALGUA MARINA Ann Boleyn - 50g
- B - BIS-SOCK Cachalot - 50g
- C - SUPER SOCK Inverness - 100g
- D - BIS-SOCK Forget Me Not - 50g
- E - BOUCLE MOHAIR Patsy -50g
- F - DK PURE Aurore Boréale - 100g
- G - KID SILK Nature - 50g
- H - KID SILK Absinthe - 25g
- I - KID SILK Mille-Fleurs - 25g
- J - SURI ALPACA Ann Boleyn - 50g
SIZES: S (M, L, XL)
Final bust circumference: 107 (117, 127, 137) cm; 42 (46, 50, 54)" ***Suggested ease of 10 to 15 cm; 4 to 6
Yarn quantities are the same for all sizes!
YOU WILL ALSO NEED THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL:
MAIN FABRIC : 5.5 mm; 80 cm cable; 32" or more (or the size required to obtain the gauge).
RIBS : 4.5 mm; 80 cm cable; 32" or more for ribs (or 1 mm less than the size required to obtain the gauge).
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch Markers (2)
- Stitch Holder or contrasting waste yarn
16 stitches x 24 rounds = 10 x 10 cm; 4" x 4" stockinette knit with Bis-Sock and Kid Silk together (doubled) on 5.5 mm needles.
You have the choice of knitting the short or long version for the body.
This sweater is worked from the bottom up, in the round, up to the beginning of the armholes, and then the front and the back are knitted separately in back-and-forth rows. The sleeves are knitted in the round from the stitches picked up around the armholes, ending with ribbing at the wrist.
Apart from the ribbing, this sweater is worked entirely in stockinette. In the round, the stockinette is achieved by knitting every round. When working flat, stockinette is achieved by knitting the stitches in the right side rows and purling the stitches on the wrong side rows.
The shoulders and part of the collar are formed using German short rows. You are free to use another method (as “wrap and turn” if you prefer).