Here is a child’s cardigan by Ciara Doyle in soft fresh spring colors with a decorative collar. The collar is created from 7 separate rainbow motifs, which are then crocheted together to form the neckband. The main body of the cardigan is worked top down in one piece.
This pattern, in US terms, requires assembling motifs and working into 2 parts held together, it demonstrates raglan shaping, decreasing in the round for tapering the shape of the arms, and working into front loop only and back loop only sts. Full instructions are given throughout for each step.
The motifs are worked in rows which are NOT turned at the end of each row. The yarn is disconnected and the next colour is joined at the start of the row, with right side of work always facing.The main body is worked in rows. The work is turned at the end of each row. The sleeves are worked in rounds. Work is turned at the end of each round when working the sleeves to retain consistency of patt with main body.
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
IN ADDITION TO THIS CROCHET PATTERN, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL TO CREATE THIS CARDIGAN:
*The Rainbow Spring Fresh Cardigan Crochet Kit is also available*
BISCOTTE YARNS – DK PURE [90% Merino Superwash and 10% Silk; 260 m / 284 yds; 115 g / 4 oz]
- MC – Limonade: 2 (3, 4, 5, 5, 6) skeins.
- CC1 – Vert: 1 (1, 1, 1, 1, 1) skein.
- CC2 – Fraise: 1 (1, 1, 1, 1, 1) skein
HOOKS AND ACCESSORIES
- Crochet hook Size 4.5 mm / US 7 or size needed to obtain gauge. Optional Size 6 mm / US J-10 or other large hook for picking up sl st to start button band
- Stitch markers 12 or more
- Tapestry needle
- Buttons (7) - 1.5 cm/0.5 in.
17 sts & 15 rows = 10 cm / 4 in. in patt after blocking.
SIZES (there is a schematic at the end of the pattern for more details)
- Child Sizes– 2 (4, 6, 8, 10, 12) to fit Bust 53 (58.5, 63.5, 67, 71, 76) cm / 21 (23, 25, 26.5, 28, 30) in.
- Bust finished circumference - 61 (66.5, 71.5, 75, 79, 84) cm / 24.25 (26.25, 29.75, 31.25, 33.25) in. Sample shown in age 2.
- This measurement includes - 8 cm / 3.25 in. positive ease.
This knitting pattern is sold as a PDF numeric file. A link to download this pattern will be provided by email after the order is completed. Enjoy ! ♥