Speckled Eggs Socks Pattern
Speckled Eggs sock design by Dana Gervais was written for the Biscotte Mystery Sock Club - March 2018. In 2021, it has been re-knitted with a new speckled color: Love Potion!
This beautiful speckled yarn featuring fresh, spring colours really reminded me of speckled Easter eggs. This cable pattern on the front of the leg and top of the foot is inspired by speckled Easter eggs.
Speckled Eggs is worked from the toe up and features a rounded toe and reverse stockinette short row heel. Instructions are provided for the narrow circumference with instructions for other circumferences appearing in parentheses; if there are no parentheses the instruction applies to all sizes. Happy Knitting!
In addition to the knitting pattern, you'll need the following material to knit these socks:
- Yarn: Biscotte Yarns Bis-sock [85% superwash merino yarn, 15% nylon]; 435 yards/400 metres per 100 grams skein; 1 skein.
1 skein illustrated in the color Love Potion
1 skein illustrated in the color Sakura
- Needles DPN or Circular needles of #US-1.5 (2.5mm) of size needed to obtain gauge.
- Notions Stitch markers (2) Cable needles (2) Tapestry needle & Removable stitch markers (2 - optional)
Gauge: 8 sts & 12 rounds in Stockinette St = 1 inch/2.5 centimetres
- Narrow: 7 inches/17.17 centimetres
- Medium: 8 inches/20.3 centimetres
- Wide: 9 inches/22.9 centimetres
- Extra Wide: 10 inches/25.4 centimetres
- Extra Extra Wide: 11 inches/ 28 centimetres
This pattern is sold in a numeric PDF format. Add it to your card and follow every steps to complete your order. A link to download the pattern will be provided on the last screen after checkout and you will also get another link to download your file by email. Enjoy!!
Dans ma liste de projet à venir
Ce patron est tellement agréable à tricoter...et le motif est très joli ! Je suis au talon et j'ai hâte de reprendre le tricot des oeufs !! C'est un cadeau mais Je le refais pour moi c'est certain !
Always easy to follow! I appreciate the suggested yarns.