This hand-dyed artisanal yarn is no ordinary knitting yarn: the designer behind the knitting patterns Louise Robert Design meticulously created this beautiful collection.
It's by studying the color pallets that represent her life and career over the years that designer Louise Robert was able to imagine all of the variety available in these hand-dyed artisanal yarns.
OMBRAGE (which means shadow in french) brings a very special dimension to Fine Arts. The great painters have used it since the Renaissance to give volume and depth to their canvases. As incredible as it may seem, there is an history of shadow in the evolution of Fine Arts. A legend reported by Pliny the Elder identifies the shadow as the origin of the painting's creation. The legend is about a young Corinthian woman, in love with a man who had to leave the city, and drew the shadow of her beloved on a wall by candlelight.
- Composition: 70% Merino wool, 30% Hemp
- Quantity (Weight): 100 grams, 3.5 oz
- Length: 300 meters (328 yds)
- Gauge: 22 - 24 stitches = 10 cm (4 in)
- Needles: 3,5 mm (US #4)
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle in cold water. Machine dry: This yarn has the property of stretching a lot when wet and regaining its shape when machine dried. If, after several washes/machine dryings, you notice that the garment has shrunk a bit, spray it with a little water and dry it flat, stretching it to the desired dimensions.
A yarn that can be worn summer or winter, machine washable and dryable. What more could you ask for? Whether you are knitting a scarf, a shawl or a sweater, there's nothing better than a beautifully crafted yarn designed by a passionate knitter for knitting enthusiasts.
Parfait pour le chandail Sunset Highway de Caitlin Hunter
Avec la Granola, le résultat est parfait. Belle laine qui se tricote bien. Très confortable à porter. Je l’adore.
Très douce, un vrai plaisir à tricoter et la couleur est magnifique. J’ai très hâte de porter mon tricot.
J’ai utilisé cette laine plusieurs fois. J’ai fait des châles , foulards et chandails . Une pur bonheur à tricoter
Superbe laine . Tellement agréable à travailler et un pur plaisir à porter