We are glad to introduce this beautiful shawl pattern, an original pattern by Louise Robert
This design was imagined by Christine Homonylo as part of the KID SILK CONTEST that took place on Louise's blog in the spring of 2022. Christine submitted a project based on the Nebra Sky Disc : a 4,000 year old wooden circle representing the oldest starmap.
"I chose to use KID SILK to illustrate the colors of the sky and opted for the silky, shimmery CASHSILK LACE from Biscotte Yarns to represent the stars. The contrast of textures and colors of these two yarns is perfect to evoke the fascinating composition of this ancestral sky disc." - Louise
IN ADDITION TO THE SHAWL PATTERN, YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING MATERIAL TO KNIT THIS SHAWL:
YARN (Also available as KNITTING KITS including YARN & PATTERN)
- Louise Robert Collection – KID SILK [75% kid mohair, 25% silk; 210 meters / 25 g] in the following colors and quantities :
- 2 skeins of Kid Silk Botticelli (A)
- 1 skein of Kid Silk Air du temps (B)
- Biscotte Yarns – CASHSILK LACE [50% silk, 50% cashmere; 395 meters / 50 g] in the following color :
- 1 skein of Cashsilk Poire (C)
NEEDLES AND NOTIONS:
- Circular needles of 3.5 mm; US #4 (or size needed to obtain gauge) – cable length of 120 cm; 47 in.
- Tapestry needle
- Blocking pins & mat (blocking wires are recommanded)
18 sts = 10 cm after blocking in stockinette stitch with the KID SILK. Obtaining the exact gauge is not important to knit this shawl. However, knitting with a tension different from the suggested gauge may require more yarn than the quantities listed above.
NOTES - This shawl is worked in a crescent shape by increasing 2 sts on every right side rows and 4 sts on every wrong side rows to the end.
In addition to the written instructions, the stitch pattern for the mosaic design in SECTION 3 and the final border in SECTION 5 are also available as a grid form at the end of the document.
All sales of this pattern will be donated to the Douglas Institute Foundation for Mental Health: https://fondationdouglas.qc.ca/
This pattern is offered as a PDF document. You must add the pattern to your cart, follow the steps to check out & a link to download the pattern will be emailed to you ♥
Je n'ai pas encore commencé ce projet car j'en ai déjà deux en route mais il est sur ma liste à faire.
Ce patron est vraiment beau
Du plus bel effet! Il est superbe!