CALL FOR SUBMISSION: PATTERNS FOR FALL / WINTER 2021-2022
We are currently looking for new knitting patterns to be published from September 2021 to February 2022. It can be any type of garment: hat, socks, sweater, cardigan, shawl and baby/child garments as well.
MOOD BOARD IS AVAILABLE ON PINTEREST HERE
From 200-250 to +++ : to be discussed
Compensation depends on several factors:
• Copyright agreement: full copyright or shared copyright.
• The garment type and complexity of design
• Experience of the designer
Submission deadline: May 15, 2020
Samples and patterns are due: August 15, 2021
Please find below examples of copyright agreements;
• Full copyright means that we irrevocably buy full exclusivity to use and sell the pattern. Yarn is sent free of charge and final garment must be returned to us when design is done. You get paid within 30 days of receipt of sample and written pattern.
• Shared copyright means that we buy and share copyrights with you so we both get the right to use and sell the pattern. We usually get the exclusivity for a period of time (ex: 12 months). Yarn is sent free of charge and final garment must be returned to us when design is done. You get paid within 30 days of receipt of sample and written pattern.
• Yarn support is possible as well (in this case, you don’t have to follow submission deadline and due date) Yarn support means that we send you the yarn free of charge and you own the copyright of your design. You do not get paid except for the value of the yarn itself and you can keep the garment. In exchange for this, we get our yarns advertised within your own network.
Please include a sketch and/or sample picture describing the item and links to any previously published patterns on Ravelry and any social media accounts you might have.
Please send submissions to:
designs(at)biscottecie.com and copy frederique(at)biscottecie.com
When your submission is accepted
You will need to write a full pattern (including any alternative sizes up to bust circumference, when applicable, of 55 inches), knit a sample and send the knitted sample back to us. We take care of tech editing and photography (unless otherwise stated). Pattern must be sent in word (.docx) format and any sketch or chart sent in jpg, gif, png or pdf format. Upon returning us the knitted project, please indicate : Canadian goods returning to country of origin on the commercial invoice and the value of the yarn only. Address to return the knitted sample is:
Québec Canada J3V 6B9
After the due date, when all knitted garments from every designer are received, we will send a publication schedule to let you know when your pattern will be launched. We will work on your design (tech editing and translation) few weeks prior the publication date and we may have to contact you during this period if we need more info or clarification about the design.
Brief Description of who we are:
We are a family business who specializes in hand-dyed yarns and knitting designs since 2007. Our speciality is hand-dyed self-striping yarns and we also do semi-solid and speckled yarns. Besides our online websites (CAN and USA), we have a mailing list with nearly 100 000 subscribers and we wholesale our yarns everywhere around the world. Our yarns have been shown and reviewed in several websites and magazines as Interweave, Vogue Knitting, Knitty.com etc.
We are anxious to get your submission!